You don’t usually avoid things.
You’ll have that tough conversation with your sweetie -- because you know it’ll bring you closer together.
You try to look more lovingly at the person in the mirror. You work on bringing mindfulness and compassion into your family dinners, your work, and your parenting.
Being a “work in progress” is a great thing. After all: isn’t reflecting deeply what makes life better and better?
Normally, you’ll look the toughest taboo in the eye.
Heck: you’ll pour it a glass of Pinot Noir and share a few laughs.
But there’s one nagging, glaring exception. One area of your life that feels … off. Shameful. Misaligned, maybe.
It’s that thing you’d rather not think about. (Let alone talk about.) Gulp. Sweaty palms. Scary, pit-in-stomach icky feeling.
But IT keeps coming up, anyway. It’s the elephant in the room … that for some reason, you keep turning your back on.
The Money Elephant was there when you panicked after splurging on those amazing $200 boots. Can I actually afford these? What’s my bank account even AT, right now? Aaaaah, when will I be a grownup with money?
The Money Elephant was in the room when your new client asked about your rates and your tongue dried up like the Sahara. I want to “charge what I’m worth,” but what does that even mean?? And what if I just really need the money?
And the Money Elephant was plopped right between you and your sweetie that weekend after you maxed out the credit card -- and gave each other the silent treatment. She spent that much on fancy lotions?? How do couples even TALK about money??
Maybe you’ve tried forcing yourself to get along — by creating super-restrictive budgets. But you inevitably slip up — and feel worse than ever.
You’ve tried visualizing abundance — but that doesn’t really help when you need to hire a bookkeeper.
You’ve tried out-running the elephant. Or throwing all your bills away, hoping if you ignore them long enough you just won’t have to deal with them.
But the elephant isn’t going away. So … what if you could bring all that love and mindfulness and work-in-progress optimism to this area of your life, too?
He doesn’t bite. (Pinkie promise.) And he’s not really a big, scary monster. When you give him a chance, you’ll see: he can be a powerful, loyal friend.
He will move mountains for you to create the life you want.
Want to be closer to your sweetie? He’ll light the candles and pour the wine.
Want to feel more empowered and aflame with purpose? He’ll walk that path with you, pointing out opportunities for clarity and peace of mind.
Want to trust yourself more, and grow into the person you know you can be? He’ll let you ride on his back as you tour realms of profound wisdom, intuition, and personal power, deep within yourself.
Most of us have no idea how to do this, though. We simply weren’t taught how to work with money, from childhood on up. And we certainly weren’t taught how to deal with our emotions about it!
That’s why money is the final frontier of a conscious lifestyle for many, many people.
That’s why I do what I do.
And that’s why I’m so excited to share with you the fullest expression of my work: a year-long program called The Art of Money. It's a year-long, online money school designed to help you transform your relationship with money.
Hi, I’m Bari Tessler Linden.
Financial Therapist, Mampreneur, Mentor Coach, and author of the award-winning book, The Art of Money: A Life-Changing Guide to Financial Happiness.
Over the last 19 years, I’ve guided thousands of people into new, more loving, and refreshingly honest relationships with money. My work has been featured on Oprah.com, Inc., The Cut, Mindful Magazine, Reuters, MindBodyGreen, Experience Life Magazine (to name a few) and too many blogs and podcasts to count. A decade before I started teaching my Financial Therapy work, I trained as a psychotherapist and have a Masters in Somatic Psychology from Naropa University.
Nine years ago, we shared something completely new with the world: a one-year money school called The Art of Money. It’s the thrilling culmination of over two decades of my money, emotional, and body-centered work — and the absolute best way I’ve found to share this deep money work.
The results have been nothing short of incredible. Extraordinary healing. Heart-opening insights. Deep transformation. Astonishing community support.
Now, we welcome new Money Adventurers year round! Plus we've added support, new Guest Teachers, a new teaching platform and an oomphier-than-ever mission to create a global, conscious money movement.
You can transform boring, dry “money stuff” into a creative, loving self-care practice.
You can transform tense money conversations (or deafening silence) with your sweetie into intimate Money Dates that bring you closer than ever.
And you can transform money itself into an adventure of deep visioning, mindfulness, and joy … so that it stops holding you back and starts helping you live your dreams.
Because when you finally look into the elephant’s warm, brown eyes and give him some love, he’ll love you right back.
We’ll pour the chamomile.
We'll Spend 12 Months Together
… for profound + practical money transformation
… with a treasure trove of content
… eclectic, expert Guest Teachers
… monthly live group coaching calls with Bari
… support from a heart-plucked team of Alumni in our Alumni-Led Community Forum
… a kindred, enthusiastic global community
… accountability, love, and support
… 12 months of teaching in a thoughtful, flexible structure
… practical, ready-to-use resources
… access to my entire library for the lifetime of the program
… for veteran students and brand new adventurers
… for solo journeyers and couples
… for anyone with a willing heart and curious mind.
... one complete tapestry weaving together personal, couple, and entrepreneurial money teachings.
… all at our most affordable monthly price, ever.
It sounds hokey, but the Art of Money course has changed my life. After 16 years of intense therapy and lots (and lots) of change, I felt like I was ready for something bigger. I was pretty unconscious about my money issues when I heard about Bari, but was intrigued by her work.
Going through the AOM program each month with Bari’s gentle but firm questioning technique allowed me to uncover areas of shame and undervaluing myself (many of which that had NOTHING to do with money). Once the healing began, I grew bigger and was able to begin to see my own power and abilities in a new light, no longer shrouded in that unconscious shame from my past.
Since doing the program I’ve developed a new plan for my work that includes leaving district education and launching into my own business that is closer and truer to my deepest heart and calling. “It’s about the money and it’s NOT about the money” as Bari says. And it’s absolutely true.
Wherever you find yourself in your relationship with money, you are welcome here. Connect with practical tools and personal support. Find community and a holistic framework to guide you as you grow.
Here's an overview of the territory we cover on the journey in the program...
3 Phases of Money Transformation
Money Healing, Money Practices, Money Maps
This is the emotional work of creating an honest, mature relationship with money. Here, we dissolve shame. We get clear on the “Money Story” we’ve accumulated over the course of a lifetime (and all the patterns we’ve inherited from our family of origin, lineage, and culture). We identify and unwind patterns that no longer serve us. We claim our value. We learn mind and body-based practices to support our journey, and ensure we are working with self-care, acceptance, and love along the way.
We’ll spend 4 months here, learning to apply massive doses of compassion, listening, and love.
- • Learn what emotions come up for you around money
- • Practice somatic (body-centered) tools to help you work with these emotions in money interactions
- • Get honest about your money story and bring it into the light.
- • Understand the nuanced, subtle, and complex forces driving your money patterns which comes from family conditioning, personality, culture, socio-economic factors and more.
- • Create your own money rituals for refreshing peace, clarity, and acceptance.
- • Experience forgiveness, un-shaming and fear-busting … in droves.
- • Explore deep money healing
- • Celebrate your strengths, heal your wounds, and begin to step into a healthy relationship with money — on your own terms.
Create a clear, eyes-wide-open, refreshingly honest relationship with your finances. Soulful work is deeply rewarding — yet we also need the techniques, practical steps, and nuts ‘n bolts number-crunching to breathe it to life. Here, we empower ourselves by learning the language of money, choosing bookkeeping systems, practicing money dates, tracking money as it flows in and out and reviewing our numbers, patterns and deeply ingrained habits. We will learn new mindfulness tools to bring to this area of life. We will integrate our deep values into our bookkeeping. And, we will start to practice the spiritual side of money as well: trust, generosity, thriving and thankfulness.
We’ll spend 4 months here, applying actionable how-tos, fresh perspectives, and expert guidance.
- • Create a money self-care practice that fits your life on a daily, weekly, monthly + yearly basis.
- • Learn how to have compassionate money dates with yourself.
- • Get empowered through learning the language of money and a bookkeeping system.
- • Achieve new awareness with your Saving, Earning, Spending and Giving habits and learn to make the changes you want — with less resistance and more ease.
- • Identify your deepest values -- and how to align your money habits with them.
- • Learn about values-based bookkeeping with will help you Infuse more meaning + fun + creativity. And, it will transform dry, dreaded “bookkeeping” into something beautiful that supports your deepest values.
- • Integrate your values into your earning, spending, saving, giving and investing.
- • Learn about the different players on a Financial Support Team (Bookkeepers, Accountants, Financial Therapists, Financial Coaches and Financial Planners).
Zooming out to the larger view of our lives and how money supports our goal setting, dreams, and the phase of life we’re in. Here, we create Money Maps and learn to fine tune and dance with the ebbs and flows we go through in money and life.. We learn how to integrate our values with our numbers and dreams. We learn how to fine tune our earning, spending, saving, giving, paying down debt, giving and investing patterns. We learn how to make good money decisions in small, medium, and large purchases. We’ll learn what strategies to employ during big money challenges or curveballs. And, we’ll learn how to create yearly money practices that fuel our dreams.
We’ll spend 4 months here, giving you the space and tools to connect even more deeply with yourself and craft your own responses to some big questions:
- • What are your big visions, dreams, and goals for this one precious life?
- • Honor what life phase are you in, what phase are you moving into, and how this connects with your money journey.
- • Learn how to create a 3-tier money map (aka: budget) which integrates your numbers with your values, dreams and goals
- • Fine tune your Earning, Spending, Giving, Paying Down Debt, Saving and Investing.
- • Practice how to be grateful in the present moment while planning for the future
- • Learn tools to help you make solid money decisions in small, medium and large purchases.
- • Learn how to work with big money challenges/curveballs.
- • Begin to clarify how you get from here to where you want to go? In the next 2 - 5 years? (or beyond)
Here’s what’s included:
Money Healing. Money Practices. Money Maps. The program unfolds fluidly through these three essential elements. Engage with ease, knowing we’re holding the grand vision.
A year-long journey. Within the grand framework, we’ll dive deeply into one theme every month — from careers to kids, debt to ritual, Enneagram to bookkeeping systems. Explore the varied and vast reaches of your money relationship. With ample time to prepare for the journey and integrate what you’ve learned.
Live, 2-hour Group Coaching Call with me, every month. This is your chance to ask me anything. I’ll guide the community through our Monthly Mission and save plenty of time for live Q&A. (Don’t worry: you can always send your questions ahead of time if you’re unavailable -- or just shy!)
Amazing Guest Teachers. We’ll welcome an amazing roster of guest teachers throughout the year. (See below for the full list). Each month will include two main Guest Teacher interviews. They will share their expertise and you can enjoy the interviews in audio and transcription format. Additionally, in the library you'll be able to access my top Guest Teacher interviews from 2013 - today.
Monthly Missions. Start each month fresh and focused with a Monthly Mission email. You’ll also receive video, audio, and workbook exercises to guide your exploration deeper.
Irresistible exercises. You’ll be encouraged to continuously engage the material — at your own pace — with weekly homework, reflection prompts, exercises, and more.
Private Alumni-Led Community Forum.This is where the community hangs out, led by an amazing group of our alums. Come here anytime to ask questions, get support through challenges, celebrate even the tiniest victories, connect, and tap into all the incredible energy you and your fellow members hold. This group is in our private forum and NOT in Facebook.
Ongoing Guidance and Love. You’ll be held with so much love by me and my team. Expect emails, love letters, support, and resources each week.
Access to my entire Library. I’ve been gathering incredible resources about money for 19+ years now. And you get all of it. Videos, audios, interviews, exercises, referrals for financial experts, recommended reading list and other resources galore. Don’t fret: we won’t overwhelm you with it all! Your Monthly Mission is curated and focused. But all these other goodies are here for you, whenever you want.
A Program to Engage and Inspire
The Art of Money is the culmination of over two decades of conscious money work with thousands of people from all walks of life.
My team and I have listened to our community and created this experience based on what truly works best. We’ve experimented, pondered, and fine-tuned. We’ve surveyed previous Art of Money Explorers and made this year’s program even better. We’ve balanced flexibility and accountability. Go-at-your-own-pace resources and community structure. Personalized attention and group support.
Join us for this deeply personal exploration. With friends, teachers, and wise ones. With practices, ongoing support, and massive amounts of love.
We now offer the program On Demand (+ all the community components). Give yourself the practical tools and encouraging support you need to begin a new chapter in your money story today.
As a man with a traditional finance background, I was extremely skeptical of this seemingly feminine and feelings oriented course because I felt like I knew exactly what needed to be done for our financial health. But through the course, Bari won me over and my perspective has completely changed.
If you are a married couple with young children like we are, and you are wondering if you should do this, I would strongly suggest it. I have been the money person in our relationship, and I always wanted my wife to care as much about saving money as much as I do. But I couldn’t get her to see my side of things.
So it wasn’t a surprise to me that she proposed we enroll in this course. My instant reaction was that we should keep our money in our account instead of enrolling. I tried to convince her that I could teach her everything she needs to know about budgeting, money, investing etc. It turns out, Bari was a better teacher for her than I am. She needed a really kind, gentle approach, and a community of support to engage in money talk.
Bari taught us techniques for being kind to ourselves and each other around a topic that brings up so much tension and stress. During the course, we paid off all debt completely and are both focused on building our savings. My wife does it without me nagging her now. Her inner money manager has been awakened. Our finances are better than ever before, and we are both involved now. I’m grateful to you Bari, for helping us connect on this issue so deeply.
What We'll Cover Each Month
LET'S START WITH THE BODY
- Guest teachers: Karin Robbins - Somatic Tools for Your Money Relationship, Andrea Smith Gage - Somatic Tools and Boundaries
- Here’s the great stuff you can expect to do this month:
- • Why are you really here? The 8 Money Areas. Turn within and clarify your intentions for this year
- • Start practicing The Body Check-In: my #1 favorite tool for money transformation
- • Learn what your body has to say about money
- • Explore your money emotions
- • Learn beginning somatic tools
- • Clarify your current relationship with money
LET'S EXPLORE YOUR MONEY STORY
- Guest teachers: Listen to the Money Memoir Interviews.
- Here’s the great stuff you can expect to do this month:
- • Understand the concept of a Money Story
- • Unearth memories, beliefs, and attitudes about money from your childhood
- • Discover the golden nuggets and challenging aspects of your money story
- • Examine how your family lineage have impacted your money relationship
- • Notice how your past is showing up in your present
- • Listen to other people's money stories from all different backgrounds
- • Write your own Money Memoir
- • Start to rewrite your Money Story
COUPLES, FAMILY (PARENTS + KIDS) MONEY DYNAMICS + CONVERSATIONS
- Guest teachers: Olivia Mellan, Deborah Price, Chelsea Brennan and Brad Klontz
- Here's what we'll cover:
- • Understand how your oldest money “stuff” and may show up in your romantic relationships (past, present, and future)
- • Start noticing any gender dynamics or polarities at play around money with you and your sweetie
- • Learn some tools to bring more compassion and consciousness into your money conversations with your honey
- • Explore Money Dynamics with Your Parents
- • Understand Your Parenting Money Style
- • Learn new tools for parenting and money
- • Learn how to have new money conversations with the people closest to you.
LETTING GO: COMPLETIONS, FORGIVENESS, AND MONEY HEALING RITUALS
- Guest teachers: Hiro Boga - Money + Energy, Julie Daley - Money + Healing Rituals
- Here's what we'll cover:
- • Figure out what’s really draining your energy and how you can reclaim your vitality from the four realms of financial “incompletes.”
- • Banish overwhelm, paralysis, and shame.
- • Free yourself from old resentments, shame, and anything that has a hold on you and your Money Story
- • Learn the surprising reasons forgiveness is a major money practice -- and 5 myths that may be keeping you from forgiving
- • Want to go even deeper? From blessing to releasing, ritual is a powerful way to consciously step into the future you want. I’ll walk you through the 7 elements to consider as you create your very own, personalized Money Healing Ritual.
MONEY AS SELF CARE
- Guest teachers: Sara Avant Stover - Money Practices, Geri Detweiler - Money + Debt, Cassie Price - Credit Scores
- Here's what we'll cover:
- • Transition from deep healing into practical money work
- • Start learning the language of money (so empowering!)
- • Learn what a Chart of Accounts is (it’s not that scary, I promise!)
- • Start bringing more meaning, beauty, and compassion into your money practices
- • Create (or fine-tune) your own personalized Money Practice -- with daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly practices.
- • Go beyond traditional bookkeeping by honoring your “intrinsic assets”
- • Get a clear, birds eye view of your financial world by creating your very own Chart of Accounts. (Yes you can do this!)
VALUES-BASED BOOKKEEPING + TRACKING SYSTEMS
- Guest teachers: Jess Salzman - Choosing a Bookkeeping System for personal and biz finances
- Here's what we'll cover:
- • Choose the best financial tracking system for you – and begin using it!
- • Identify your deepest values … and learn how to align them with your bookkeeping.
- • Revamp your Chart of Accounts with your very own, values-driven names.
- • Do a bookkeeping assessment. How’s this going, for you?
- • Bring oh-so-much gentleness + ease to your practice of checking in with your numbers. (Yes, it is possible!)
EXPANDING + REFINING YOUR MONEY PRACTICE
- Guest teachers: Eva Konigsberg - Taxes and Financial Support Teams, Amy Bradbury - Cashflow, Systems, and Biz Models for Entrepreneurs
- Here's what we'll cover:
- • Get into the swing of a regular daily, weekly, and monthly money practice
- • Make your money practices your own + deepen your self-care
- • Get up close ‘n personal with your numbers in basic financial reports
- • Bring on some financial support: who do you need to help you, right now? (Bookkeepers, accountants, financial planners, etc.)
- • Learn about taxes and start thinking about financial planning and socially responsible investing
INTEGRATION + IMPLEMENTATION
- Guest teachers: Kristen Wheeler - Living Your Native Genius, Marianne Elliot - Money + Courage, Fabeku Fatunmise - Money + Creative Entrepreneurship + Superpowers
Here's what we'll cover:
- • Review everything we’ve covered so far
- • Celebrate your victories. Big and small
- • Revisit material and exercises you missed
- • Identify your stuck places and growing edges
- • Solidify your insights and progress now, so you can be fully available for our final phase, Money Maps (which starts next month).
- • Enjoy plenty of time and compassionate encouragement as you implement, regroup, and integrate your new habits and approaches.
CREATING YOUR MONEY MAP
- Guest teachers: Galia Gichon - Money + Financial Planning for personal and biz finances, Nona Jordan - Money + Entrepreneurial Adventures
Here's what we'll cover:
- • Discover a whole new way to budget, infused with your personal dreams + values: your Money Map
- • Make space for your “budget baggage” & and learn why most of your resistance is probably oh-so-wise
- • Learn my absolute fave way to Money Map: Your 3 Tier Plan
- • Vision, define, and create your very own Money Map
- • Dance gracefully with your goals, projections, values, dreams -- and current reality
- • Learn new tools + practices to make great money decisions.
VISIONING AND LIVING YOUR MAP OF INTENTION
- Guest teachers: Mikelann Valterra - Unlock Your Earning Power, Barbara Huson (Formerly Stanny): Money + Overcoming Under-Earning
- Here's what we'll cover:
- • Dive deep into your dreams, values, and goals through guided visualizations
- • Identify practical financial steps to take to bring your dreams to life
- • Learn tools to dance with your real-world cashflow, whatever your reality: peaks and dips, steady income, couples, entrepreneurs, etc.
- How to Dance with Your Money Map -
- • Learn the 5 Money Areas:
- • Earning and Income
- • Spending and Expenses
- • Saving
- • Debt repayment
- • Investing
- • Find your way into right pricing and breaking through money ceilings
YOUR ANNUAL MONEY PRACTICE
- Guest Teachers: Amanda Steinberg - Money + Earning, Jess Reagan Salzman - Profit First Accounting
Here's what we'll cover:
- • Learn how to make smart money decisions that feel good to you
- • Explore some ready-to-use frameworks and questions to help you make good money decisions in different scenarios -- and get inspired to create your own!
- • Learn the warning signs that it’s not a great time to make a money decision with the H.A.L.T. method (so helpful)
- • What do you do when time, energy, and money are all at a premium? Try out the 3 Pots method.
- • Learn my Zen-inspired reframe for those big, huge money questions that feel impossible to answer (and how to solve them)
YOUR ANNUAL MONEY PRACTICE
Here's what we'll cover:
- • Honor the ending of our Art of Money journey.
- • Explore how you “do” endings, in general: what emotions do they conjure, for you. What do you need to feel complete?
- • Explore your unique Holiday Money Story (we all have one!)
- • Do a full End of Year Money Ritual to review the past year (in money and beyond) with loving awareness … and set the stage for the New Year with clarity and empowerment.
Experience it for yourself in a robust, miniaturized version. Whether you’re new to my teaching style -- or just new to The Art of Money -- get a behind-the-scenes peek so you’re confident you’ll love it before you buy. Get an Art of Money Sampler, including:
- • Audio teaching introducing a Monthly Mission
- • A Weekly Love Note
- • A slice of a Monthly Mission -- in PDF format
- • A Guest Teacher interview
- • An audio excerpt of a live Q&A call, with Bari’s focused teaching and support.
It’s all delicious, delightful, and deep. Get your own Art of Money Sampler, for free, right here.
I have to tell you, reading this section gives me happy chills every time I look at it. I am humbled and honored to introduce you to this crazy-amazing lineup of teachers and contributors I’ve gathered to support you over the years.
I consider each a visionary expert in their field, and I’ve collaborated with them to choose the most potent topic to dive into together. Topics include: How to use somatic tools to help you understand your money emotions, How to create money healing rituals, How to choose the best bookkeeping systems for you, How to increase your credit score, How to pay down debt, How to increase your income and heal your earning issues, How to make solid money decisions and start saving and investing for the future and on and on.
In addition to the robust framework from me (money healing, money practices, and money maps), each month we’ll welcome two guest teachers to enhance your experience. (You’ll be able to enjoy the interviews via audio and transcription). Additional Guest Teacher interviews will be stored in our library.
This roster is hand-picked — no, heart-picked — by me, for you.
Feast your eyes, dear friends . . . .
The Guest Teachers:
Meet Our Art of Money Alumni Guides
It is my honor to introduce an incredible group of Art of Money graduates who will be at the helm of our new forum, celebrating, guiding, and sharing wisdom about the work – and the trials and tribulations along the way. We have an incredible team of 14 alumni joining us from around the world, including England, the Netherlands, Greece, India, Mexico, and the United States. They are passionate creatives, artists, therapists, facilitators, musicians, and business owners. Some are moms, most are animal lovers (one has 8 cats!), and all of them have had life-changing experiences participating in Art of Money. They can’t wait to support you in our new, private forum, creating a safe and welcoming space for every member of our community.
Is this your year?
As a Money Adventurer, you’ll be guided through my entire, time-tested approach — and enjoy brand-new teachings on a multitude of themes. From grand vision to monthly themes to baby-steps: discover a vibrant tapestry that lovingly weaves together every thread of your money relationship.
Got Questions? We’ve got Answers.
We’ve given every detail of this program oodles of caring thought. Want to know our reasons behind anything and everything?
PROGRAM STRUCTURE + LOGISTICS
ALL OF THAT CONTENT, OH MY!
ALL ABOUT PAYMENTS
THE COMMUNITY CONNECTION
HOW MUCH BARI DO I GET?
EEEP I’VE GOT SOME RESISTANCE
THIS IS REALLY IMPORTANT
That gentle whisper that there is something more to this money thing -- It isn’t just you.
Join the Art of Money and create a more intentional relationship with money in your own life.
Prior to enrolling in Art of Money, I thought I had the finance thing down, at least the operational parts of it. However, there were disconnects with how I was living my dreams – the “why” and “why not” – that I didn’t even realize I needed to address until I saw the ad for the yearlong course. Something about it resonated deeply, and I’m so glad I went into what is deeply rich, prolific and practical content.
After a year of experiencing her, I don’t want to minimize the impact of Bari’s unique approach, either, as her gentle, compassionate, non-shaming presence and community created a sense of safety that allowed me to take risks and go deeper than I have before. Through this work, I’ve been able to move beyond simply tracking and managing my money with diligence, to stewarding my life and finances with love. Art of Money was a life-changing experience for which I am immensely grateful.
Is the Art of Money Right for you?
This program isn’t for everyone. (No program is.) And I’m not everyone’s teacher. (Nobody is.) My team and I want to be as transparent and loving as possible in helping you decide whether The Art of Money is perfect for you.
The Art of Money is perfect for you if:
- • You’re SO ready for this. You’ve been wishing upon a star for this kind of support for ages now. Or you just learned about us and this work feels like the answer to a prayer you didn’t even realize you had. This format, style, and approach feels like a perfect fit for where you are and where you’d like to go. The thought of lovingly diving into all the facets of your money relationship (emotions, number-crunching, relationships, family history, gender dynamics, work and life purpose … and so much more) excites and inspires you. You realize that you’ve needed this kind of experience for a long time -- and by golly, you’re ready.
- • You’re a self-starter -- who needs a framework, a community, or maybe just a little loving encouragement. It’s OK if you’re not 100% ready to go full throttle on every single aspect of your money relationship right at this very millisecond. Resistance is part of the process (sometimes in a big way!) But if you’re willing to put in some work, meet your resistance when it arises, ask for help when you need it, and show up with everything you’ve got -- this program will absolutely repay your efforts.
- • You love online learning -- or are at least willing to give it the college try. You love the idea of being a part of a sacred international community. And come to think of it, doing all of this from the comfort of your PJ’s sounds pretty swell, too. Much of The Art of Money takes place online -- in our member’s area, with recordings and PDFs, through weekly Love Notes and Monthly Missions. (The rest of the program -- our live group coaching calls -- happen over the phone.) You certainly don’t need to be a whiz-kid-hacker to fully engage with The Art of Money! But you do need to be willing to check your email and give online learning a try to get the most out of this year. Even if this isn’t your tippy-top favorite learning style, if you’re inspired by this work (and perhaps thrilled that you can engage with it without traveling all the way to Boulder, CO!) you’ll do just fine.
- • A loving, gentle approach to learning sounds amazing. My teaching approach is very feminine, nurturing, and compassionate. With me, you get a loving guide -- not a barking drill sergeant. If the thought of adding some chocolate and candlelight to your money routine sounds lovely -- if the thought of loving through your resistances instead of beating your head against them sounds refreshing -- if the thought of finding compassionate acceptance when you “fall behind” puts you at ease -- then you’ll feel right at home here.
The Art of Money is NOT for you if:
- • You expect a quick fix. My friends, our money relationships are complex, far-reaching, and deep. They’re ancient and personal and evolving. Working with them is just that: work. We weren’t taught how to do this as children or even young adults -- so we need a year-long journey to create a new foundation, trace new grooves, and create new patterns that will serve us for the rest of our lives. There simply are no quick fixes in money work -- that’s just not how this works. The Art of Money will stir up your resistance. It will dredge up fears and wounds for healing, and invite you to dig deep and meet yourself in new ways. If you’re not prepared to put in some time and energy and effort -- if you want to take a magic pill and change everything on Day One -- or if you expect someone else to “fix” everything for you, with no effort on your own part -- this is not the program for you.
- • You hate online learning. This is an online program, with a members center, weekly emails, a member's forum, and more. To get the most out of it, you need to be comfortable (or at least willing to be guided!) with online learning. If you absolutely, positively need face-to-face teaching, this isn’t the program for you.
- • You hate a feminine approach. The Art of Money balances deep emotional healing with practical nuts ‘n bolts. Yet my overall approach is decidedly feminine. I’m compassionate and nurturing and maternal. I believe in loving people into transformation -- and I refuse to shame you into change. I believe in gently excavating the reasons behind your resistance -- and I refuse to be anyone’s drill sergeant. Our framework is firm yet flexible -- I refuse to be rigid when something softer will serve better. If all of this sounds awful to you, I’m likely not the best teacher for you right now. And that’s OK!
- • You actually don’t want to change your money relationship. In order to get value from this program, you truly need to take responsibility for your own experience. We’ll offer you tons of tools, resources, community support, and ongoing, loving guidance. But it’s up to you to step up, use them, and apply them to your life. As with anything in life: it’s all what you make of what you’re given. If you’re ready to do some work, get some guidance, and let some love in -- you’ll be astonished at the results.
- • If you need daily tasks. There is a larger 3-phase framework: Money Healing, Money Practices and Money Maps. We will give you monthly themes and content with checklists. You will get weekly support. But you will not receive daily tasks. There is a very clear framework for the year and for each month and you will need to decide how to map our your weekly or daily assignments in the best way for your life.
Wherever you are in your money journey, wherever you are on the globe, whatever you earn or spend in a month: we want to welcome you to this deep, rewarding work. And make it easy for you to give an empowered, clear-hearted YES!
What does it cost?
The Buddy Special
For the first time EVER in The Art of Money program, yes! We're offering a new payment option for Art of Money. You and a friend / mother / father / brother / sister / colleague / etc. can join the program together for the same special rate we've always offered couples who join the program.
That means you and a friend will be able to join at the discounted couple's rate and you can split the expense between you.
With all that's going on in our painful and beautiful world, it's more important than ever to find a safe community space where you can talk through money issues. That is one of the most important parts of the Art of Money program…the community support, both from me and other members in the program.
We’re doing everything we can to make The Art of Money accessible to a wide community. That’s why we lowered the price when we turned this into a year-long program … and we haven’t increased the price in seven years.
When you do your own money work, you’ll find the benefits rippling throughout many areas of your life. Plus, you’ll get support around conscious communication, entrepreneurship, and beyond in the Art of Money to help you with these other relationships.
We’re so happy that you’re excited to share this with others in your life! We love it when friends and family join the program at the same time. This work is so rare and against the grain, we can use as many close allies as we can get. We hope you’ll send the program page their way … and we trust that anyone who’s ready for this work will sign up.
We’ve made every effort to make this program as affordable and accessible as possible. We’re just that committed to sharing this work with the world! Please enjoy our lowest, most generous price point, ever. Join the program by choosing one of the options below, and please note that these prices are in US Dollars.
I’m putting everything I’ve got into this program. Everything I’ve learned, everything I am, and everything I know we can become — together. This program will take the lion’s share of my time, heart, and energy this year — so if you want to work with me, this is your chance
This is Really, Really Important
The “Why” behind our No-Refund, No Opt-Out Policy
The Art of Money is a non-refundable investment in your relationship with money. It’s an invitation to listen, learn, connect, explore, and transform, in a richly supportive group experience.
My team and I thought long and hard about whether or not to offer a “30-day money-back guarantee” or some other sort of refund policy. Ultimately, we decided it didn’t feel right to us to offer one. We asked ourselves a lot of questions about this and finally recognized it as an opportunity to provide a conscious money teaching — right here in your decision-making process, before even clicking “buy.”
The Art of Money is a year-long experience that can be paid monthly or in full -- but it is not a monthly membership program that you can cancel and opt-out of at any time. It’s important to us to create a safe, supportive group container for this deep work.
To help create that, it’s important to us that everyone start together, with intention and commitment -- and everyone stick together ‘till the end. We offer a number of ways for you to experience The Art of Money before you buy (see Reason #2, right below), but we do not allow you to “test the waters” within the year-long program, itself.
Here are our reasons for not offering refunds for The Art of Money, or allowing members to opt-out of the monthly payments, if they choose that payment option:
Reason #1: This is your chance to make a clear, confident money decision. A big part of conscious money work is empowering you to engage every money decision mindfully, lovingly, truthfully, and directly. By not offering a refund for this program, or allowing you to opt-out at some point during the journey, we’re asking you to make the truest decision for you, right now. So check in with yourself. Take a breath. Look at your numbers. Reflect on your intentions. Consider the value. Ask yourself: yes or no?
Reason #2: Everything you need to make an informed decision is right here. On the fence? Get a full taste of the program right here. Catch our Money Mocha series, which are delightful, quick shots of Art of Money awareness and wisdom, right here. Check out our beloved Money Memoir series, which is an intimate gathering for truth-telling about money. Folks from all different lineage and economic backgrounds tell their honest money stories, right here.
Browse the archives on this site and see if my approach to money feels good to you. Does it make sense? Does it align with your way of being in the world — or do you want it to? Do you want more of it? Do the guest teachers for the program intrigue and excite you? Does the format feel like something you’d love? Am I, Bari, the right guide for you? We’ve given you all the details to empower your decision.
Reason #3: The transformation we’re offering can only be measured by you. If you engage with the entirety of this program — all the coaching calls, exercises, and resources — if you do the deep inner work and implement the practical steps we recommend — we’re confident you’ll experience profound shifts, in your money relationship and beyond. Yet what these look like will be different for each participant.
We offer a helpful framework -- but the responsibility for what you get out of it belongs to you, and you alone. Some of you will choose to do every single exercise -- others may pick and choose from what we offer and still benefit tremendously.
Some of you already have clarity around your numbers, but need help being more gentle and forgiving around money. Others of you might already overflow with financial compassion, yet need help with a nuts ‘n bolts money practice. You might need help recovering from debt — or you may have an overabundance of money that feels equally overwhelming. The shifts you experience are unique to your financial history, situation, and goals.
Reason #4: When you’re all in, you’re all in. This experience will most likely challenge you. Holy moly, will stir up resistance -- and that looks like falling behind in the program, getting triggered by lessons or teachers, or even wanting to throw the towel in completely. It will flow through phases of excitement and grief, clarity and difficulty.
Often the biggest breakthroughs come just after the greatest resistance. By denying you an escape route when things get tough, we hope to encourage you to work through your tough spots — whether they come in Month #1 or Month #12. We’re inviting you to be an active co-creator in this experience, to trust the process, and commit to it. Because life happens -- and it will happen during this year.
Things will come up, related to this program and outside of it. Growth spurts. Paradigm-shifting pivots. Births, deaths, job shifts, moves, and life-changing parties. It’s up to you -- and only you -- to commit to this deep work, not only when it’s convenient, but especially when things get tough. Because devotion is beautiful. And it’s all and only yours to claim. But speaking of all that …
Reason #5: You get access for the lifetime of the program. Every recording and resource we offer is yours, for the lifetime of the Art of Money. So even if you hit resistance in the moment -- or if “life happens” during this year and you fall behind -- you may reconnect with these teachings in a few months and suddenly glean all their value.
We want to welcome you to this community of kindred money adventurers — and we know the warmest welcomes come when you show up fully, right from day one, knowing this is where you want to be (even if it feels vulnerable/scary/big).
How would your life change if money became your powerful ally?
Just imagine: what could money become, for you, if you devoted a year to your relationship with it?
A source of confidence, not shame.
A lit-up expression of your conscious lifestyle — instead of a nagging exception.
A reason for spontaneous dance parties … instead of tense shoulders.
A springboard for fulfilling intimacy with your honey instead of ongoing conflict (or awkward silence).
An opportunity to connect with a kindred community of other conscious wayfarers.
Founded in soulful abundance. Clarified by passion. Fueled by your deepest values. Graceful, easeful, true.
I've been listening to you — here in my community and beyond. To your wants and needs, to your pain and frustration, to your anger, numbness, overwhelm, and over-it-ness around money. Sound familiar?
The Art of Money is my response to what so many of you have asked for.
Truth: Your money relationship has everything to do with everything.
Your family stories. Your career. Your spirituality. Your body. Your life dreams and goals. Your unique way of seeing and being in the world.
This program honors all these aspects of you. Your whole self is invited.
Expect deep wisdom and practical how-tos. Reflective solitude and community connection. Pattern-untangling and self-care to-the-max. Rich community support and skilled leadership. A visionary approach to serve you for a lifetime.
I’ll guide you to creating a sacred new phase in your money journey. One founded on clarity, ease, and intimacy.
Then gradually — sometimes gently, sometimes dramatically — these qualities soak into the rich terrain of the rest of your life.
You’ll bring a new-found sense of peaceful confidence to your tasks, epic and mundane. You’ll carry yourself with deep, abiding value, during high times and low. You’ll relax into well-informed hope and fulfilling freedom: in relationships, in solitude, in big-life-visioning.
You are brave to be here. Oh, so brave. Welcome to the right time, the perfect place, and the path to transformation.
Join us and begin the journey.
Please enjoy our lowest, most generous price point, ever. Join the program by choosing one of the options below. Please know, this is a year long commitment (not a monthly membership) and we have a clear no refund policy, read our FAQ to learn more.
Please note all prices are in US Dollars.