“Charge what you’re worth!” “Raise your rates every year!” “Don’t leave money on the table!”
(Oh, boy. I feel stressed out, just seeing that. Do you??)
This is the kind of money advice we’re all swimming in. Yes, it has its place. AND … I’m proud to break all of these rules, when it serves a higher purpose.
As we head into the 9th year of my year-long Art of Money program here’s what’s up:
1. I haven’t raised the price in nine years. That’s right: my year-long program costs the same as when I first offered it.
2. We work hard to make the program better every year. Each year, we add more learning content and fine-tune what’s already there. (This means new teachings from me and interviews with new guest experts.) Some years we overhaul and re-create many of the lessons. Other years we add transcriptions for dozens of audio recordings. This year, in addition to updating the learning materials, we’re moving the entire course content into a much better online teaching platform. And we do all of this without raising the cost of the program.
3. I still offer an extended monthly payment plan option. Many of my colleagues have given up on payment plans and wouldn’t touch a 12-month payment plan like mine with a 100-foot pole. Truth? They’re a ton of work. But I know this can make the difference between you getting the money transformation you need — or not. So I stick by mine.
4. For the first time EVER, you can join with a friend of your choosing and get the reduced “AOM Buddy” rate for the two of you, and then you can split that cost. In the past we offered this rate for couples but now we are extending it to include any buddy of your choosing. It could be your mom, your sister, your dear old friend in Spain, anyone. There’s nothing like having an Art of Money buddy alongside you for the journey, and it makes the program more affordable than it’s ever been.
Is this because I don’t value myself, my work, or my time? Nope! I do, to the stars and back.
Is this because I’m not smart about business models? No, I love geeking out on that stuff! Plus, my business model is more sustainable and thriving than ever.
I’m breaking the “rules” because it’s the right way to align my money with my values and my mission, at this moment in time.
Hear me out — because this isn’t just about me and my program. It just might give you permission to create some more safety and peace in your money decisions.
When I first had the vision for The Art of Money program, it included this pricing and monthly payment option. Here’s why they’re essential:
1. Looking at our “money stuff” can be scary. The people in my year-long program are doing brave, rare work. This can kick up tons of resistance! This might sound like: “I can’t afford it” or, “I have 27 other reasons why I can’t handle my money stuff” or, “that just wouldn’t work for ME.” A low, monthly payment plan removes one more
excuse reason, making it easier for you to say YES to this life-changing work, if it’s what you really want.
2. I want you to feel safe, good, and relaxed about ALL of your money decisions. Including this one. Most people are already carrying lots of stress, fear, and deep shame around money. A major aspect of my program is helping you unravel and heal these challenging emotions, so you can enjoy more peace, joy, and empowerment with money. So scaring people into joining this program or putting MORE financial pressure on them is the last thing I want to do. That’s why I have luxuriously long registration periods, packed with valuable free content. I want everything I share with you — including how I share it — to feel gentle, reassuring, and clear. If seeing that low monthly price point reassures someone enough to get brave and begin this work? That’s worth it, to me.
3. This work must be accessible. It doesn’t matter how much or how little you have in the bank: everyone in our culture can use more compassion, support, and smarts in their money relationships. I’m proud that The Art of Money welcomes people from all financial backgrounds and income levels. Our diversity is such a gift to the community experience! And it’s a huge reason I created this program (because not everyone can afford pricey, Private Financial Therapy sessions with me — which I rarely offer anymore, anyway). Keeping the price low and offering the monthly payment option are essential to keeping this work accessible.
4. I’m crystal-clear about my policies. Being vague doesn’t do anyone any favors, especially when it comes to money. I very clearly and carefully explain that The Art of Money is not a monthly membership which you can cancel any time. It’s a year-long program, which you can pay for in full OR in monthly installments. But you’re 100% in or 100% out. This clarity allows me to make generous policies — and stick by them.
5. It works. Many of my colleagues have stopped offering payment plans because a few people stop paying (without communicating). Yes, this is a risk I’m taking. And yes, a monthly payment plan creates more work for me and my team. But I pour my heart into this work and stand behind it. And my wonderful community gets it. They appreciate the payment plan and stick with it
6. Now, more than ever. The world feels so overwhelming, stressful, and confusing right now, for so many of us. Having a solid money relationship can help us weather the storm when we confront things that seem beyond our means. We can all use more peace of mind and empowerment around money — especially now.
The gentler path is the smarter path … and the sweeter path.
This is what I’ve found, in my life, business, and money relationship.
I’d love to show you just what I mean.
Please take a moment, check in with yourself, and see if The Art of Money is right for you.
I know you’ll be weighing a lot of things: your values, cashflow, and timing.
If you emerge with a YES, I’ll be thrilled to welcome you. Our global community is already gathering … and I can’t wait to lead this incredible group of people.
But no pressure, OK?
I hope to meet you along the path of your money journey. But even if I don’t, please keep walking gently, sweetly, and lovingly. At your own pace. In your own direction.
That’s what it’s all about.
Is The Art of Money YOUR next step in this life-and-money journey? Join here.
With my dearest wishes,
The Pocket Map
A mini-but-mighty version of my methodology, zapped straight to your inbox over 7 days. (No charge, tons of change.)