Dear Art of Money Alumni,
I wanted to tell you something it takes most people years to figure out. Deep money work? Never truly ends. It’s the journey of a lifetime.
Just when you think you’ve got it all “figured out,” life throws you a big curveball — a new job, a new baby, or a Huge Personal Insight. Life happens … and then it’s up to us to respond. With heart and savvy. With deep emotional presence … and practical steps, too.
That’s why more and more of our dear Art of Money members continue this program, year after year.
They know that life doesn’t remain still. There’s always a new chapter, a new challenge, a new opportunity to dig deep and get intimate with ourselves, our emotions, and a new, “leading edge” … in life, in relationship, and in money.
All this gets smoother, deeper, and richer when you have loving mentors and community to support you.
This deep money work is a lifelong practice and we want to make it as easy and accessible as possible for you to keep up your momentum in the coming year with continued community support in our weekly co-working sessions and monthly Office Hours calls.
This is why we’re offering alumni a big discount so you can have continued support and encouragement as you progress with your money journey. And, we’re also offering an Alumni Buddy Rate so you can bring a friend or anyone you want. Your buddy could be your sister, your mom, your cousin, your best friend in Spain. So, you and a friend join via this option, the two of you can split the cost.
Wait, I thought I got lifetime access to the program? Yes, you will have access to the content from the program for the year you signed up. Yes, you are welcome to keep coming back to that material over and over at your own pace. But after 12 months, you will lose access to the community components which include: weekly Zoom co-working sessions with alumni guide support and monthly group Office Hours call with Bari. So, if you would like to get continued access to the live community support, then please join as an alumnus with the discounted alumni rate.
So, what is the benefit of joining another new year as alum? Let me tell you a little more about joining as an alum and some reasons our community members choose to continue as an Art of Moneyer, a second or third (or fourth!) year:
1. Monthly Group Call with Bari (aka: Office Hours). On these monthly 90-minute calls, I’m here and available for you and the community. You can ask me any question live or send your question in advance. These calls are recorded if you have to miss. The only other way to get access like this is through my private financial therapy (which is a much higher price-point).
2. Weekly Zoom co-working sessions. Alumni have so much wisdom to share about the methodology and the trials and tribulations of the journey. We have a wonderful crew of alumni guides from around the world who will be hosting these calls. Doing this work in a community can be powerful and speaking the truth about money is unbelievably powerful. It un-shames, busts through the taboo, and supports us when we most need it. Knowing you can reach out to a kindred community when things get tough or you need someone to celebrate with you is priceless.
3. Ongoing structure + accountability. Don’t let those valuable teaching materials rot on your hard drive! (Or get lonely on the cloud.) Even if you feel like you’ve got enough interviews and exercises to keep you busy for a long time, really ask yourself: will you engage with them, on your own? Most of us really benefit from the thoughtful format and ongoing email love letters.
4. We’re never truly “done” with this work. If you’re growing and deepening as a human, your money relationship can (and will!) grow right along with you. If you show up to it. This work is like a spiral: each time we go around, it’s at a deeper level. And, every year, we fine tune our money practices and relationship more and more.
5. Every year we evaluate what needs to be updated in the program and where we want to put our resources.
- For example: recently, we updated all of the copy and exercises on everything from the worksheets to the weekly love emails and so on. The next year, we added transcripts to all of the Guest Teacher interviews in the monthly content. So all of the main content has both audio and written versions since we know everyone has a different learning style.
- This year: we added the weekly co-working Zoom sessions with the alumni guides! Some of you have been asking for video and more ways to connect with others doing this work and find a buddy.
- Additionally, Bari creates new interviews each year with her financial colleagues and Guest Teachers. They all get added to the private AOM library, monthly content and Money Memoir interview series. This year Bari hosted interviews on topics and questions that emerged during community calls. For example: How to Work with Fight, Flight, Freeze strategies during money moments, How to Initiate Hard Money Conversations with your Parents and Kids, How to Earn More Income, How to Find a Health Insurance Advocate, How to work through Money Conflicts with your Spouse, just to name a few new interviews.
- Each year Bari reviews the main monthly content to make sure we have the best interviews and most solid content for the given theme. Those interviews are changed out or removed or added to each year. Since Bari has been at this for many years, she has done hundreds of interviews. We do our best to pick the best interviews which include our favorites from past years.
- Bari also continues to create new content, resources and interviews for the library based on what’s needed in the community. Most of it is planned out at the beginning of the year, although she watches closely all year to see what’s needed and listens to the requests. For example this year, we created an updated macro money section and have excellent resources in there to continue to help you through this time.
Um … did we mention 47% off?
Join the Art of Money and receive almost 50% off!
You can now sign up for The Art of Money!
Click here for 47% off the pay-in-full option.
That’s $450 (regularly $850).
Click here for 47% off the 3 monthly payments option.
That’s $165 x 3 (regularly $312 x 3)
OK. Body Check-In Time!
We would love you to join us! But the most important thing to us? Making sure it’s the best choice for you, right now.
So. Body Check-In time! Right now, take a moment. Take a few deep breaths. Ask yourself: what could you gain from another year of AOM? And: what is that worth to you?
We hope to see you in the program! It’s gonna be amazing.
With my dearest wishes,
This is Really, Really Important
THE “WHY” BEHIND OUR NO-REFUND, NO OPT-OUT POLICY
The Art of Money is a non-refundable investment in your relationship with money. It’s an invitation to listen, learn, connect, explore, and transform, in a richly supportive group experience.
My team and I thought long and hard about whether or not to offer a “30-day money-back guarantee” or some other sort of refund policy. Ultimately, we decided it didn’t feel right to us to offer one. We asked ourselves a lot of questions about this and finally recognized it as an opportunity to provide a conscious money teaching — right here in your decision-making process, before even clicking “buy.”
The Art of Money is a year-long experience that can be paid monthly or in full — but it is not a monthly membership program that you can cancel and opt-out of at any time. It’s important to us to create a safe, supportive group container for this deep work.
To help create that, it’s important to us that everyone start together, with intention and commitment — and everyone stick together ‘till the end. We offer a number of ways for you to experience The Art of Money before you buy (see Reason #2, right below), but we do not allow you to “test the waters” within the year-long program, itself.
Here are our reasons for not offering refunds for The Art of Money, or allowing members to opt-out of the monthly payments, if they choose that payment option:
Reason #1: This is your chance to make a clear, confident money decision. A big part of conscious money work is empowering you to engage every money decision mindfully, lovingly, truthfully, and directly. By not offering a refund for this program, or allowing you to opt-out at some point during the journey, we’re asking you to make the truest decision for you, right now. So check in with yourself. Take a breath. Look at your numbers. Reflect on your intentions. Consider the value. Ask yourself: yes or no?
Reason #2: Everything you need to make an informed decision is right here. On the fence? Get a full taste of the program right here. Catch our Money Mocha series, which are delightful, quick shots of Art of Money awareness and wisdom, right here. Check out our beloved Money Memoir series, which is an intimate gathering for truth-telling about money. Folks from all different lineage and economic backgrounds tell their honest money stories, right here.
Browse the archives on this site and see if my approach to money feels good to you. Does it make sense? Does it align with your way of being in the world — or do you want it to? Do you want more of it? Do the guest teachers for the program intrigue and excite you? Does the format feel like something you’d love? Am I, Bari, the right guide for you? We’ve given you all the details to empower your decision.
Reason #3: The transformation we’re offering can only be measured by you. If you engage with the entirety of this program — all the coaching calls, exercises, and resources — if you do the deep inner work and implement the practical steps we recommend — we’re confident you’ll experience profound shifts, in your money relationship and beyond. Yet what these look like will be different for each participant.
We offer a helpful framework — but the responsibility for what you get out of it belongs to you, and you alone. Some of you will choose to do every single exercise — others may pick and choose from what we offer and still benefit tremendously.
Some of you already have clarity around your numbers, but need help being more gentle and forgiving around money. Others of you might already overflow with financial compassion, yet need help with a nuts ‘n bolts money practice. You might need help recovering from debt — or you may have an overabundance of money that feels equally overwhelming. The shifts you experience are unique to your financial history, situation, and goals.
Reason #4: When you’re all in, you’re all in. This experience will most likely challenge you. Holy moly, will stir up resistance — and that looks like falling behind in the program, getting triggered by lessons or teachers, or even wanting to throw the towel in completely. It will flow through phases of excitement and grief, clarity and difficulty.
Often the biggest breakthroughs come just after the greatest resistance. By denying you an escape route when things get tough, we hope to encourage you to work through your tough spots — whether they come in Month #1 or Month #12. We’re inviting you to be an active co-creator in this experience, to trust the process, and commit to it. Because life happens — and it will happen during this year.
Things will come up, related to this program and outside of it. Growth spurts. Paradigm-shifting pivots. Births, deaths, job shifts, moves, and life-changing parties. It’s up to you — and only you — to commit to this deep work, not only when it’s convenient, but especially when things get tough. Because devotion is beautiful. And it’s all and only yours to claim. But speaking of all that …
Reason #5: You get access for the lifetime of the program. Every recording and resource we offer is yours, for the lifetime of the Art of Money. So even if you hit resistance in the moment — or if “life happens” during this year and you fall behind — you may reconnect with these teachings in a few months and suddenly glean all their value.
We want to welcome you to this community of kindred money adventurers — and we know the warmest welcomes come when you show up fully, right from day one, knowing this is where you want to be (even if it feels vulnerable/scary/big).
PS: Remember: that lovely 47% off alumni discount isn’t listed anywhere on the Art of Money sales page. So if you’d like to sign up for The Art of Money and receive the discount use these super-special links on this page.