What We'll Cover Each Month
SETTING THE STAGE
- Learn how to get the very most out of this transformational year
- Get up and running with my team’s loving support on housekeeping and logistics
- Dive into preliminary work that will pave the way for the journey to come.
- Prepare. Vision. Create a safe container for rich, deep work.
- Get really clear about your current money relationship.
- Examine your relationship to earning, spending, saving, giving, etc.
- Learn what your body has to say about money.
- Begin un-shaming . . . in a big, beautiful way.
- Learn somatic practices + tools to support this deep work.
- Begin to practice the Body-Check-in (my favorite somatic tool!)
- Dig into the past to find the golden nuggets of your money story
- Examine the complex, subtle influence of your family of origin and lineage
- Explore your conditioning, reactions, rebellions, etc.
- Identify how your patterns play in yourself and in relationship
- Delve into the money dynamics of couples and gender
GETTING CURRENT + COMPLETE
- Determine the actions you need to get current — practical, emotional, psychological, and spiritual
- Take the necessary steps. Write that letter. Pay those taxes. Set up that system.
- Explore money’s relationship to ritual and rites of initiation
- Learn to forgive: others and yourself
- Create your own rituals to complete and move forward
INTRODUCTION TO MONEY SELF CARE
- Transition from deep healing into practical money work.
- Discover: What is a money practice?
- Learn the language of money and harness it to support your journey
- Get empowered around definitions and systems
- Complete your own bookkeeping assessment
- Learn how to craft and pace your Money Practice for success
VALUES-BASED BOOKKEEPING + TRACKING SYSTEMS
- Create your own Chart of Accounts and truly look at your numbers
- Identify your deepest values, and learn how to align them with your bookkeeping
- Rename blah categories with values-driven titles
- Learn to look at your numbers with gentleness and ease
- Choose a tracking system and begin implementing it!
REFINING + IMPLEMENTING YOUR MONEY PRACTICE
- Refine daily, weekly, monthly practices + money self care
- Identify which steps are in place already, and which need implementing
- Understand differences between financial experts — who to hire, and how to hire
- Learn about the basic financial reports and how to use them
INTEGRATION + IMPLEMENTATION
- Review everything we’ve covered in Months 1-7
- Celebrate your victories and shifts — big and small
- Identify your remaining roadblocks
- Pinpoint your growing edges in money healing and money practices
DEFINING AND CREATING YOUR MAP OF INTENTION
- Define, vision, and create your personalized budget
- Shift from dry budgeting to a Map of Intention
- Create a 3 Tiers Plan (for Basic Needs, Comfortable, and Ultimate Lifestyles)
- Continue an ongoing dance with your goals, projections, values, dreams, and current reality.
- Begin to develop your ability to make great decisions around your spending.
VISIONING AND LIVING YOUR MAP OF INTENTION
- Apply your Map of Intention to your real-life cash flow
- Engage with your finances, whatever your circumstance: steady income, individuals, couples, entrepreneurs, etc.
- Explore making money doing work you love
- Connect with your current and future dreams
- Plan how to get from where you are to where you want to be
- Vision, dream, intend, create, and play!
GOOD MONEY DECISIONS + YOUR ANNUAL MONEY PRACTICE
- Learn several frameworks for making money decisions that feel smart and good, to YOU.
- As the year comes to a close, learn how to review with savvy and compassion
- Look forward into the new year with clarity, empowerment, and love
- Get a head start on taxes by setting up systems and support
- Create fresh intentions for your money relationship moving forward
- Fine-tune and experiment with your Map of Intention / Budget, harnessing it as a deeply supportive life tool.
REVIEW, CELEBRATION, + CLOSURE
- Celebrate and honor. Rest and rejuvenate
- Refine your vision for 2020
- Learn to honor endings, transitions, and change — both internal and external
Is 2020 your year?
As a Money Adventurer, you’ll be guided through my entire, time-tested approach — and enjoy brand-new teachings on a multitude of themes. From grand vision to monthly themes to baby-steps: discover a vibrant tapestry that lovingly weaves together every thread of your money relationship.
Looking for pricing? Click here.
Prior to enrolling in Art of Money, I thought I had the finance thing down, at least the operational parts of it. However, there were disconnects with how I was living my dreams – the “why” and “why not” – that I didn’t even realize I needed to address until I saw the ad for the yearlong course. Something about it resonated deeply, and I’m so glad I went into what is deeply rich, prolific and practical content.
After a year of experiencing her, I don’t want to minimize the impact of Bari’s unique approach, either, as her gentle, compassionate, non-shaming presence and community created a sense of safety that allowed me to take risks and go deeper than I have before. Through this work, I’ve been able to move beyond simply tracking and managing my money with diligence, to stewarding my life and finances with love. Art of Money was a life-changing experience for which I am immensely grateful.
I have to tell you, reading this section gives me happy chills every time I look at it. I am humbled and honored to introduce you to this crazy-amazing lineup of teachers and contributors I’ve gathered to support you.
I consider each a visionary expert in their field, and I’ve collaborated with them to choose the most potent topic to dive into together. In addition to the robust framework from me (money healing, money practices, and money maps), each month we’ll welcome an incredible guest teacher to enhance your experience. This roster is hand-picked — no, heart-picked — by me, for you.
Feast your eyes, dear friends . . . .
The Guest Teachers for 2020:
Even more guest teachers to be announced!
You ask, I listen. I’m bringing on new Guest Teachers in 2020 to support you with retirement planning, raising your credit score, and more...
And then there’s me, your Financial Therapist and Mentor Coach, leading the way. Forgive me for stating the obvious here, but you’ll be getting the very best of me in this program. You and I? We’ll be tight this year.
I will be your primary guide, teacher, and cheerleader over the course of our year-long journey. You’ll have direct access to me in our private Facebook group and during monthly Q & A calls.
I’ll pop into your inbox with love, support, pep talks, inspiration, resources...and frankly, everything I’ve got.
Say hello to your team of Transformation Assistants!
It takes a village to do this work. I’m honored to introduce you to our village’s incredible Wise Ones.
- Jess Reagan Salzman, Bookkeeping Specialist and Trainer
- Sonya Brewer, Somatic Psychotherapist
- Andrea Gage Smith, Somatic Trainer
- Debbie Sassen, Financial Planner
Is the Art of Money Right for you?
This program isn’t for everyone. (No program is.) And I’m not everyone’s teacher. (Nobody is.) My team and I want to be as transparent and loving as possible in helping you decide whether The Art of Money is perfect for you.
The Art of Money is perfect for you if:
- You’re SO ready for this. You’ve been wishing upon a star for this kind of support for ages now. Or you just learned about us and this work feels like the answer to a prayer you didn’t even realize you had. This format, style, and approach feels like a perfect fit for where you are and where you’d like to go. The thought of lovingly diving into all the facets of your money relationship (emotions, number-crunching, relationships, family history, gender dynamics, work and life purpose … and so much more) excites and inspires you. You realize that you’ve needed this kind of experience for a long time -- and by golly, you’re ready.
- You’re a self-starter -- who needs a framework, a community, or maybe just a little loving encouragement. It’s OK if you’re not 100% ready to go full throttle on every single aspect of your money relationship right at this very millisecond. Resistance is part of the process (sometimes in a big way!) But if you’re willing to put in some work, meet your resistance when it arises, ask for help when you need it, and show up with everything you’ve got -- this program will absolutely repay your efforts.
- You love online learning -- or are at least willing to give it the college try. You love the idea of being a part of a sacred international community. And come to think of it, doing all of this from the comfort of your PJ’s sounds pretty swell, too. Much of The Art of Money takes place online -- in our member’s area, with recordings and PDFs, through weekly Love Notes and Monthly Missions, and in our private Facebook group. (The rest of the program -- our live group coaching calls -- happen over the phone.) You certainly don’t need to be a whiz-kid-hacker to fully engage with The Art of Money! But you do need to be willing to check your email and give online learning a try to get the most out of this year. Even if this isn’t your tippy-top favorite learning style, if you’re inspired by this work (and perhaps thrilled that you can engage with it without travelling all the way to Boulder, CO!) you’ll do just fine.
- A loving, gentle approach to learning sounds amazing. My teaching approach is very feminine, nurturing, and compassionate. With me, you get a loving guide -- not a barking drill sergeant. If the thought of adding some chocolate and candlelight to your money routine sounds lovely -- if the thought of loving through your resistances instead of beating your head against them sounds refreshing -- if the thought of finding compassionate acceptance when you “fall behind” puts you at ease -- then you’ll feel right at home here.
The Art of Money is NOT for you if:
- You expect a quick fix. My friends, our money relationships are complex, far-reaching, and deep. They’re ancient and personal and evolving. Working with them is just that: work. We weren’t taught how to do this as children or even young adults -- so we need a year-long journey to create a new foundation, trace new grooves, and create new patterns that will serve us for the rest of our lives. There simply are no quick fixes in money work -- that’s just not how this works. The Art of Money will stir up your resistance. It will dredge up fears and wounds for healing, and invite you to dig deep and meet yourself in new ways. If you’re not prepared to put in some time and energy and effort -- if you want to take a magic pill and change everything on Day One -- or if you expect someone else to “fix” everything for you, with no effort on your own part -- this is not the program for you.
- You hate online learning. This is an online program, with a members center, weekly emails, a Facebook forum, and more. To get the most out of it, you need to be comfortable (or at least willing to be guided!) with online learning. If you absolutely, positively need face-to-face teaching, this isn’t the program for you.
- You hate a feminine approach. The Art of Money balances deep emotional healing with practical nuts ‘n bolts. Yet my overall approach is decidedly feminine. I’m compassionate and nurturing and maternal. I believe in loving people into transformation -- and I refuse to shame you into change. I believe in gently excavating the reasons behind your resistance -- and I refuse to be anyone’s drill sergeant. Our framework is firm yet flexible -- I refuse to be rigid when something softer will serve better. If all of this sounds awful to you, I’m likely not the best teacher for you right now. And that’s OK!
- You actually don’t want to change your money relationship. In order to get value from this program, you truly need to take responsibility for your own experience. We’ll offer you tons of tools, resources, community support, and ongoing, loving guidance. But it’s up to you to step up, use them, and apply them to your life. As with anything in life: it’s all what you make of what you’re given. If you’re ready to do some work, get some guidance, and let some love in -- you’ll be astonished at the results.
Wherever you are in your money journey, wherever you are on the globe, whatever you earn or spend in a month: we want to welcome you to this deep, rewarding work. And make it easy for you to give an empowered, clear-hearted YES!
What does it cost?
We’ve made every effort to make this program as affordable and accessible as possible. We’re just that committed to sharing this work with the world!
Please enjoy our lowest, most generous price point, ever. Join the program by choosing one of the options below, and please note that these prices are in US Dollars.
Ready for a Recap?
When: Our year-long journey officially runs January - December 31st, 2020.
Where: Online. So: participate from anywhere in the world. In your pinstripes or PJs!
Who: You, Us, Everyone!
How Much: $88 per month for 12 months or one-time time payment of $850. Or, if you’d like to join the program with your intimate love partner, you can both join for $108 per month for 12 months or a one-time payment of $988. Please enjoy this low, generous price point!
WHY: Because, in your heart of hearts, you dream of a better relationship with money. You’re tired of the anxiety, confusion, and overwhelm. You’re ready for relief, refreshing clarity, and renewed confidence. And the idea of masterful guidance, visionary teachers, and loving community sounds too sweet to pass up.
I’m putting everything I’ve got into this program. Everything I’ve learned, everything I am, and everything I know we can become — together. This program will take the lion’s share of my time, heart, and energy this year — so if you want to work with me in 2020, this is your chance
This is Really, Really Important
The “Why” behind our No-Refund, No Opt-Out Policy
The Art of Money is a non-refundable investment in your relationship with money. It’s an invitation to listen, learn, connect, explore, and transform, in a richly supportive group experience.
My team and I thought long and hard about whether or not to offer a “30-day money-back guarantee” or some other sort of refund policy. Ultimately, we decided it didn’t feel right to us to offer one. We asked ourselves a lot of questions about this and finally recognized it as an opportunity to provide a conscious money teaching — right here in your decision-making process, before even clicking “buy.”
The Art of Money is a year-long experience that can be paid monthly or in full -- but it is not a monthly membership program that you can cancel and opt-out of at any time. It’s important to us to create a safe, supportive group container for this deep work.
To help create that, it’s important to us that everyone start together, with intention and commitment -- and everyone stick together ‘till the end. We offer a number of ways for you to experience The Art of Money before you buy (see Reason #2, right below), but we do not allow you to “test the waters” within the year-long program, itself.
Here are our reasons for not offering refunds for The Art of Money, or allowing members to opt-out of the monthly payments, if they choose that payment option:
Reason #1: This is your chance to make a clear, confident money decision. A big part of conscious money work is empowering you to engage every money decision mindfully, lovingly, truthfully, and directly. By not offering a refund for this program, or allowing you to opt-out at some point during the journey, we’re asking you to make the truest decision for you, right now. So check in with yourself. Take a breath. Look at your numbers. Reflect on your intentions. Consider the value. Ask yourself: yes or no?
Reason #2: Everything you need to make an informed decision is right here. On the fence? Get a full taste of the program right here. Catch last year's and this year's free Money Mocha series, which are delightful, quick shots of Art of Money awareness, right here. Check out our mini-travel-money documentary that we filmed in early 2015 on an epic road trip from Seattle to Santa Cruz. You'll meet guest teachers, past Art of Money students, and get a ton of helpful teachings all along the way.
Browse the archives on this site and see if my approach to money feels good to you. Does it make sense? Does it align with your way of being in the world — or do you want it to? Do you want more of it? Do the guest teachers for the program intrigue and excite you? Does the format feel like something you’d love? Am I, Bari, the right guide for you? We’ve given you all the details to empower your decision.
Reason #3: The transformation we’re offering can only be measured by you. If you engage with the entirety of this program — all the coaching calls, exercises, community support, and resources — if you do the deep inner work and implement the practical steps we recommend — we’re confident you’ll experience profound shifts, in your money relationship and beyond. Yet what these look like will be different for each participant.
We offer a helpful framework -- but the responsibility for what you get out of it belongs to you, and you alone. Some of you will choose to do every single exercise -- others may pick and choose from what we offer and still benefit tremendously.
Some of you already have clarity around your numbers, but need help being more gentle and forgiving around money. Others of you might already overflow with financial compassion, yet need help with a nuts ‘n bolts money practice. You might need help recovering from debt — or you may have an overabundance of money that feels equally overwhelming. The shifts you experience are unique to your financial history, situation, and goals.
Reason #4: When you’re all in, you’re all in. This experience will most likely challenge you. Holy moly, will stir up resistance -- and that looks like falling behind in the program, getting triggered by lessons or teachers, or even wanting to throw the towel in completely. It will flow through phases of excitement and grief, clarity and difficulty.
Often the biggest breakthroughs come just after the greatest resistance. By denying you an escape route when things get tough, we hope to encourage you to work through your tough spots — whether they come in Month #1 or Month #12. We’re inviting you to be an active co-creator in this experience, to trust the process, and commit to it. Because life happens -- and it will happen during this year.
Things will come up, related to this program and outside of it. Growth spurts. Paradigm-shifting pivots. Births, deaths, job shifts, moves, and life-changing parties. It’s up to you -- and only you -- to commit to this deep work, not only when it’s convenient, but especially when things get tough. Because devotion is beautiful. And it’s all and only yours to claim. But speaking of all that …
Reason #5: You get access for the lifetime of the program. Every recording and resource we offer is yours, for the lifetime of the Art of Money. So even if you hit resistance in the moment -- or if “life happens” during this year and you fall behind -- you may reconnect with these teachings in a few months and suddenly glean all their value.
We want to welcome you to this community of kindred money adventurers — and we know the warmest welcomes come when you show up fully, right from day one, knowing this is where you want to be (even if it feels vulnerable/scary/big).
How would your life change if money became your powerful ally?
Just imagine: what could money become, for you, if you devoted a year to your relationship with it?
A source of confidence, not shame.
A lit-up expression of your conscious lifestyle — instead of a nagging exception.
A reason for spontaneous dance parties … instead of tense shoulders.
A springboard for fulfilling intimacy with your honey instead of ongoing conflict (or awkward silence).
An opportunity to connect with a kindred community of other conscious wayfarers.
Founded in soulful abundance. Clarified by passion. Fueled by your deepest values. Graceful, easeful, true.
I've been listening to you — here in my community and beyond. To your wants and needs, to your pain and frustration, to your anger, numbness, overwhelm, and over-it-ness around money. Sound familiar?
The Art of Money is my response to what so many of you have asked for.
Truth: Your money relationship has everything to do with everything.
Your family stories. Your career. Your spirituality. Your body. Your life dreams and goals. Your unique way of seeing and being in the world.
This program honors all these aspects of you. Your whole self is invited.
Expect deep wisdom and practical how-tos. Reflective solitude and community connection. Pattern-untangling and self-care to-the-max. Rich community support and skilled leadership. A visionary approach to serve you for a lifetime.
I’ll guide you to creating a sacred new phase in your money journey. One founded on clarity, ease, and intimacy.
Then gradually — sometimes gently, sometimes dramatically — these qualities soak into the rich terrain of the rest of your life.
You’ll bring a new-found sense of peaceful confidence to your tasks, epic and mundane. You’ll carry yourself with deep, abiding value, during high times and low. You’ll relax into well-informed hope and fulfilling freedom: in relationships, in solitude, in big-life-visioning.
You are brave to be here. Oh, so brave. Welcome to the right time, the perfect place, and the path to transformation.
Join us and begin the journey.
Please enjoy our lowest, most generous price point, ever. Join the program by choosing one of the options below. Please know, this is a year long commitment (not a monthly membership) and we have a clear no refund policy, read our FAQ to learn more.
Please note all prices are in US Dollars.
Maketa and Jessie Rey share their thoughts about the Art of Money work in their own words:
Terry Jordan, on the huge shifts that the Art of Money program helped her and her husband make:
The Art of Money course was a steady and deep journey of financial transformation over three years for me.
The first year, I stayed in the money healing phase, realising what I needed was somatic therapy to shift old trauma, which really enabled me to do the Body Check-ins and follow the course with a light touch.
Over my second year I followed the full course in depth each month. That year I got a full range of data from my money practices and my emergency fund back in place, which was a great relief following financial devastation due to divorce and redundancy some years earlier.
In the third year, I made significant shifts which included dealing with my elderly parents’ financial affairs whilst also increasing my income levels by bringing my small teaching business out of dormancy. I found exactly the right expertise and advice amongst the Transformation Assistants on the course and took every opportunity to get advice from and do some additional work separately with them.
I would not have gone so far financially and personally over the past 3 years had it not also been for all the contributions from the AoM community, which I leant on, not just learnt in.
It has truly been a healing journey, which will continue. I am looking forward to exploring the next phase with curiosity and openness, and an emerging sense of optimism about what future might bring.
I’m not really sure I will ever truly find the right words to express my deep gratitude for having found Bari’s work and for the year I have spent as part of the AOM community. This program has RADICALLY shifted my relationship with money and even how I see myself. I broke through some barriers that had held me back for a long time. I even launched out and started my own business which I NEVER would have been able to do if I had not changed how I related to money. This program was a gift from the Divine at a time when I needed it the most.
If you are considering doing this work, I can’t say strongly enough how much you should do it. Money and I are on such better terms and I owe it to this program. You will not be sorry and you will be the better for having invested the time. If you show up and do the work, you will be rewarded by levels of growth you can’t begin to imagine right now. This program is worth the investment of both your time and your dollars. I can’t say enough good things about AOM and Bari. I loved this program and I know you will too!
Over ten years ago I went to a seminar given by Bari entitled, "Conscious Bookkeeping" I remembered connecting to the information and I filed it away. Many years later, I ran across and on-line course entitled, "Art of Money" which was being taught by Bari. I jumped on it!
I joined this community in 2013 and have learned so much about myself-mainly getting myself out of debt. I was able to pay off all credit cards (I now have one card which I pay off monthly), pay off my student loan, and my house will be paid off next month!!!!! Sometimes when I berate myself, I forget all of my accomplishments and my gratitude for these gifts. My work is not done, and as I have said to Bari many times, I will be a part of this work for as long as it exists. Thank you all for indulging me and thank you Bari for your infinite wisdom and gentleness around this work.
I joined Art of Money because I wanted to know what was behind the curtain of my money avoidance. For so many years, I looked down on money, and detested dealing with everything around it. As the curtain lifted, with Bari's gentle, deep, sensible and sensitive guidance, I began the process of peeling off all those layers, years of experiences that have unknowingly shaped my money views, my world views, my self views...
It has been, and continues to be, a journey of deep healing and hope for change and growth. I am grateful for the work that Bari has discovered, named and crafted with wisdom, humility, humor, and a rich tapestry of fascinating collaborators who join together to support us on the journey that EVERYONE and ANYONE can learn and grow from, moving from the inside OUT.
This program may help you get more RICH on the outside, but it will DEFINITELY make you feel so much richer on the INSIDE.
The reason I signed up for the AOM was that I was so in love with Bari's book and I hoped she could help me in my relationship with money in my business and my life with my, (now) husband and our 2 young children.
All 3 parts of AOM have so much to offer. It is so beautiful to see how much of my life is influenced by the choices I make with money and how I think and feel about it. I discovered I love mindful budgeting, see my numbers and see how money comes in and out. What shifted in my life is my thinking and feelings about money. "Money is just what you think money is." That shifted everything for me.
I would tell all my friends and all parents to sign up for AOM. It is so important to learn about money, so you can teach it to your children without fear or judgement. With trust and LOVE. So you can live the life with your children that's important to you.
I cannot fully express how much The Art of Money and Bari Tessler have changed my life. My relationship with money and making money and financial decisions has shifted so much. This has been a huge catalyst for me to reconsider my work and personal life in regard to how I see money and not fear it so much anymore.
I love the gentle and judgement free space that Bari and her team create for AOM. Money is such a trigger for me and am sure many others so I love how everyone is accepted where they are at and we go at our on pace. I have learned from all aspects of the program and can see myself signing up to take it again in the future. There are so many incredible resources with incredible people involved in the FB community as well. So grateful!!
I had been attracted to Art of Money for a couple of years before I jumped in. I found the program gentle, profound, and healing. Bari's approach is so inclusive and she's literally seen it all, so nothing anyone asks her about is a surprise and she knows many ways to approach the solution. The community calls and expert interviews are invaluable.
What I like the most about the program is the phases that Bari walks you through - from healing your money history, getting clear on your numbers, and how to figure out what you need and want for your lifestyle and how to get it. I highly recommend this program if you are wanting more freedom and control around your money and to heal any money shame you may have.
Thank you for also sharing your trainings with my wife and I. It has been years, but your Conscious Bookkeeping course really made a huge and lasting impact on our lives (fiscally and otherwise).
I think what Bari does more than anything is un-shames us around money. It’s the combination of nuts and bolts financial knowledge and practices, with compassionate attention — not only on the numbers, but past baggage, emotions, and heart. . . . . It was the combination of rigor — and frankly love — that made this work land with me like nothing before.
January - December 31st, 2020
Please enjoy our lowest, most generous price point, ever. Join the program by choosing one of the options below. Please know, this is a year long commitment (not a monthly membership) and we have a clear no refund policy, read our FAQ to learn more.
Please note all prices are in US Dollars.
Got Questions? We’ve got Answers.
We’ve given every detail of this program oodles of caring thought. Want to know our reasons behind anything and everything? Click right here to read the full FAQ.
Experience it for yourself in a robust, miniaturized version. Whether you’re new to my teaching style -- or just new to The Art of Money -- get a behind-the-scenes peek so you’re confident you’ll love it before you buy.Get an Art of Money Sampler Platter, including:
- Audio teaching introducing a Monthly Mission
- A Weekly Love Note
- A slice of a Monthly Mission -- in PDF format
- A Guest Teacher interview
- An audio excerpt of a live Q&A call, with Bari’s focused teaching and support.
It’s all delicious, delightful, and deep. Get your own Art of Money Sampler, for free, right here.