You won’t learn how to “spend less and save more” in this program.
Traditional financial advice is useful, but there’s so much more to our relationship with money.
I’m not a traditional gal and the ways I help people around money are definitely not traditional. Playful, yes. Infused with chocolate, wine, and mindfulness, you bet. But traditional…nope.
I’m drawn to the deeper places, rich with meaning and purpose and value.
I’m drawn to the super practical: put nuts on bolts, tighten them down, get things done kind of practicality.
I’m drawn to the financial apothecary: that place where we can gather things in the basket of our heart to help us heal old money wounds.
Don’t get me wrong. It’s great to spend less and save more. But I’ve always felt that there’s something more to the money game; more going on in the depths below the mainstream “choose the best 401k” type of financial advice. A lot more.
So, fourteen years ago, I dove in below the surface and started shining a flashlight on all those places that no one was talking about. And oh my, was there ever a lot going on down there. So much that over the years I started calling in some of my conscious money colleagues to talk about it all. These folks are other non-traditional rebels who are forging a new path to a healthier relationship with money (and they all happen to be whip-smart creative folks, too.)
Many of us often interview each other for our blog posts, podcasts, and online programs. (Dozens of these rich guest teacher interviews are in my year-long money school, The Art of Money.)
But this collection of interviews, The Art of Money Dialogues, is a gathering of my favorite interviews over the last year. The best of the best. They’re in video and audio format. Download everything to your computer or phone, and listen on the go if you like.
Along with an hour-long overview I give of my work, these eleven interviews are a compendium of the Art of Money methodology: a brief but concise summary of many core elements of my larger teaching.
In these far-ranging conversations, we cover everything from bookkeeping software to sustainable investing to spirituality to the meaning of money. There is laughter and lipstick. Transparency and tenderness. And enough deep teachings to fill a whole notebook.
What will you get out of this?
To start with, these are many of the things that people walk away with after having done some Art of Money work:
- Peace of mind
- Knowing your values
- Claiming your worth
- Hope for a better future
- Knowing what bookkeeping software to use
- Feelings of success (however you define that)
- A happier, healthier relationship with your intimate partner (if you have one)
- Tools to use that will diffuse challenging financial situations
- Deep alignment between your values and your money life
That’s not a complete list by any means, but over the last 14 years, those are some of the most common themes I hear from people who have done this work. If you commit to changing your relationship with money, you will probably see most (if not all) of those things happen for you, in your own way.
There are no guarantees with this kind of work. I can’t tell you exactly what will change in your own relationship to money, but I do know that if you do the work spoken of in these dialogues, you will see positive changes happen in your life.
The terrain we’ll cover.
There’s a great array of topics covered in these dialogues. My friends and I go deep, quickly, in our conversations, following interesting threads and interconnections as we work towards uncovering useful and helpful information for you.
This is a self-guided mini-course that you can go through at your own pace. Here’s a brief overview of what we cover in each dialogue:
When it comes to transformational/spiritual/personal growth and development work, Money truly is the final frontier. Watch or listen in as I explore the three phases of the Art of Money methodology:
- Money Healing
- Money Practices
- Money Maps
I lay out the territory of where we’ll go in this series, and give you some practical tools to guide you along the way.
Hold on tight, because Fabeku and I cover A LOT of ground in this interview:
- How to utilize money as fuel to power the things that matter most to you.
- Everyone has superpowers. They might be a little different than the ones your childhood superhero used to fight the bad guys, but they are no less significant. And, they are intimately tied to how you bring in money. What are your superpowers and how can they help you change your relationship to money?
- We update our computers and our phones regularly, but how often are you updating your financial identity?
You’re having conversations about money all the time – but are you having the right ones?
- How to have the right conversations about money with your partner.
- How money exposes deeper areas of taboo, shame, and core issues in relationships.
- How to look at your desires in terms of values and dreams and then reverse engineer what you need to do to make it all happen.
- Why on earth would you want to look more closely at your numbers and have these conversations? (Hint: Jacquette makes a compelling argument in favor of awareness.)
- Your money conversations and financial planning should never lead with the numbers. You have to dig deeper first.
I LOVE the Enneagram. Diving into this rich personality typology has changed my understanding of myself and other people, deepened my relationships, and transformed my life.
- Learn the basics of the Enneagram and how the different types in the system interact with money in both good ways and less-than-healthy ways.
- Why the Enneagram is anything but a system to pigeon-hole yourself, and how you can use it to recognize when you’re actually growing and making changes.
- How to learn how your type’s habit patterns have impacted your relationships, your business or job, and how you do entrepreneurship (if that’s part of your path.)
Get ready for a fun and fast ride with Amy Bradbury, my favorite Online Financial Manager. With humor and honesty, we cover:
- The process of learning how to interact with your bookkeeping system – there is a learning curve here, but it’s not as hard as you think.
- The Myth of the 6-Figure Business – oh, it’s a real thing; but do you really want to pursue it?
- Business models: the when, how, and why of creating and updating them so that your business is operating at its full potential.
- Our favorite financial reports, and why you should start paying attention to them.
Barbara Stanny is a force to be reckoned with. She’s been through the ringer (which you’ll hear about in this interview) and made it to the other side with fierce wisdom and compassion. She tells it like it is because there is no time to waste, and we cover some serious ground in this interview.
- Learn why community is so important in building a relationship with your finances.
- Why you need to make money decisions from a place of knowledge, not habit.
- What sacred success is, and how to find it.
- The key to increasing your income. (It has to do with your fear.)
- Want to overcome underearning? Or, take the next step from survival to stability? Or stability to affluence? Find out how to step into your power. Now.
- Why it’s so important to bring the divine into our relationship with money.
It’s time to take a deeper look at the energetics of money with Hiro Boga. My conversation with Hiro is part spiritual teaching and part practical life lessons, with a dash of storytelling along the way:
- Want to get into right relationship with your money? Better get into right relationship with yourself first.
- You’ll hear how to atune to the sacred within yourself first and foremost and then see how the rest will fall into place.
- Cycles. Rhythms. Spirals. Learn how to ride the waves, find harmony through discord, and contribute to the flow of money.
- How to create structures in our business that allow money to flow in and our gifts to flow out.
When it comes to investing money, in the traditional sense of the word, many people feel overwhelmed, and excluded. Watch my conversation with Christopher Peck to get a more holistic understanding of investment:
- Your most precious resource is NOT your money, many of your returns on investment are not measurable in dollars or euros or any other form of currency. Find out what this most precious of resources is, and how to invest it wisely.
- How to make solid, sound investments right now that have a huge ROI, even if you don’t have any money to invest in anything.
- The Resilient Investor’s ultra clear framework that will help you make informed investment choices now and in the future.
The focus in my teachings trends toward the micro level – your personal relationship with money. With Orland, we zoom out to look at the big picture without losing a bit of detail:
- How to measure true wealth with things other than the traditional monetary currencies we use every day.
- Ways that currency and wealth can be understood and held beyond dollars and cents.
Community, connection, belonging: What do they have to do with your money?
- Why it’s so vital that we dive into the rich fabric of life, money, purpose, and the meaning we make of it all.
You need a tracking system! Find out why, and how to get started with pro tips and recommendations from my very own bookkeeper and dear friend Jess Salzman. Jess is also a guest teacher and “transformational assistant” (a.k.a., teaching assistant) in our year-long Art of Money program. She’s the bomb when it comes to bookkeeping software. Here’s what we cover:
- You’ll get a serious dose of practical resources and support to help you choose your bookkeeping system. Whether you need one for personal, business, or both, Jess has answers.
- Feeling overwhelmed with all of the options? You’ll learn how to make the best choice for you, in this current phase of your life or business (and remember, you don’t have to stay with one forever.)
- What the deeper considerations are in the game of choosing a bookkeeping system, and how to deal with any resistance you might be feeling.
Somatic Psychotherapy is an important part of my teaching – and my life. Join Karin and me as we run through the basics of somatic experiencing. Why are somatic tools and practices a part of the Art of Money? Because they will get you through the rough spots, the challenges, the fear, and the excitement along the journey of changing your relationship to money for the better. Here’s the ground that we cover in this dialogue:
- How you can start connecting with your body and stay present through any intensity, especially the kind that arises around money challenges.
- Why you need to slow down and come back to your body, over and over, in order to make lasting changes in your relationship to money.
- How to titrate your experiences and why doing this matters so much to your money life.
"Wow." That’s the first word that comes to mind to describe my interview with Mikelann, and it does not do it justice. Even though this was the most comprehensive conversation I’ve ever had about under-earning, it still feels like we barely scratched the surface. Here's a bit of what we covered in this rich conversation:
- Uncover the fear that’s stopping you from moving up to the next level in your earning.
- Gather tools to work with underearning on both the practical and the metaphysical levels.
- Learn the important role that community and who you spend your time with plays in your relationship to earning.
Inside this mini course are answers to questions that have kept you up at night. Insights into your next best steps to finally change your patterns around money. Practical guidance about how to turn down the chaos and drama around money by turning up your awareness.
Here are a couple minutes of one of the interviews. Go ahead. Have a little nibble. It tastes like chocolate.
The word on the street.
I know, I know. I totally get it. I’m a bit biased about my work. Sometimes you just need to hear about it from someone other than me. So, here’s what a few folks who have done the Art of Money work have to say about it:
I’m not really sure I will ever truly find the right words to express my deep gratitude for having found Bari’s work and for the year I have spent as part of the AOM community. This program has RADICALLY shifted my relationship with money and even how I see myself. I broke through some barriers that had held me back for a long time. I even launched out and started my own business which I NEVER would have been able to do if I had not changed how I related to money. This program was a gift from the Divine at a time when I needed it the most. If you are considering doing this work, I can’t say strongly enough how much you should do it. Money and I are on such better terms and I owe it to this program. You will not be sorry and you will be the better for having invested the time. It has been an absolute joy to have spent this last year with her and her team. I loved this program and I know you will too!
What you get
When you sign up for this mini course, here’s what you’ll get:
- Access to a private members only area where you can go through this self-guided mini-course at your own pace.
- 12, hour-long videos that you can watch online or download to your computer.
- mp3 audio versions of each interview that you can download and put on your phone for listening on the go.
- Downloadable PDF playbooks for each interview that guide you deeper into the topics within a given interview.
And the cost you ask?
A low, one-time payment of $88, and you’re in like Flynn. (I’m not really sure who Flynn is, but you’ll be in like him, with full access to download everything onto your computer so you can go through it all at your own pace.)
And if you get in and realize it’s not your cup of tea, you can get a full refund within seven days of your purchase. Easy peezy, lemon squeezy.
My work is all about becoming conscious around money. Making spending decisions, like the one you may be making right now, is a core part of this work.
I know that if you’re new to me and my work, you may wonder if buying this program is a good spending decision. That’s why I’m offering a seven-day money-back option…to make things a little more peaceful for you as you decide.
So…let’s put some of this conscious money work into practice. Right now. Right here. Take a deep breath. Turn your awareness into your body for a moment. Just notice your sensations, emotions, and thoughts. Maybe there’s a little nervousness, a little excitement, a little wondering. Welcome it all, and just hold it there in your awareness as you consider buying this program.
That simple practice will take you a long way towards changing how you and money dance.
Are you ready to take the next step in crafting a new relationship with money? It’s not as scary or as hard as you think. I promise.
And please note, there is no fake urgency here either. I’m not going to tell you that space is limited and that you have to sign up for this mini program by tomorrow at midnight. Those kind of marketing tactics drive me bananas because they cause people to make bad money decisions. So…no games here. Just honest help for your life with money.
Take another breath. Check in with yourself. Only you will know if you’re ready to get some compassionate, insightful guidance to help you navigate through this wilderness.
If you’re ready, click on the button below to join me on a few journeys into the financial woods. I’ll be with you every step of the way.
$88.00 (One time payment)
Because sometimes the fastest way to get somewhere new?
Is to ask someone for directions.
Here’s to you changing your relationship to money for the better,