“Charge what you’re worth!” “Raise your rates every year!” “Don’t leave money on the table!”
(Oh, boy. I feel stressed out, just seeing that. Do you??)
This is the kind of money advice we’re all swimming in. Yes, it has its place. AND … I’m breaking all of these rules.
As we head into the sixth year (!!) of my year-long Art of Money program (and the end of its early bird registration in two days), here’s what’s up:
- I haven’t raised the price in five years. That’s right: the program costs the same as when I first offered it. Even though there’s more content and fine-tuning and depth, every single year.
- I still offer an extended monthly payment plan option. Many of my colleagues have given up on payment plans (too much work!) and wouldn’t touch a 12-month payment plan (like this) with a 100-foot pole.
Is this because I don’t value myself, my work, or my time? Nope! I do, to the stars and back.
Is this because I’m not smart about business models? No, I love geeking out on that stuff! Plus, my business model is more sustainable and thriving than ever.
I’m breaking the “rules” because it’s the right way to align my money with my values and my mission, at this moment in time.
Hear me out — because this isn’t just about me. It just might give you permission to create some more safety and peace in your money decisions.
The original pricing and monthly payment option for The Art of Money are essential. They’re not going anywhere. Here’s why:
- Looking at our “money stuff” can be scary. The people in my year-long program are doing brave, rare work. It kicks up resistance. And this can sound like: I just can’t afford it or I have 27 other reasons why I can’t handle my money stuff or that just wouldn’t work for ME. A low, monthly payment plan removes one more
excusereason for not doing this life-changing work, if it’s what you really want.
- I want you to feel safe, good, and relaxed about ALL of your money decisions. Including this one. Most people are already carrying lots of stress, fear, and deep shame around money. A major aspect of my program is unraveling these challenging emotions, healing them, and creating systems and support to live a more peaceful, joyful, empowered money life. Scaring people into joining this program or putting more financial pressure on them is the last thing I want to do! That’s why I have luxuriously long registration periods, packed with valuable free content. I want everything I share with you — including how I share it — to feel gentle, reassuring, and clear. If seeing that low monthly price point reassures someone enough to get brave and begin this work? That’s worth it, to me.
- This work must be accessible. It doesn’t matter how much or how little you have in the bank: everyone in our culture can use more compassion, support, and smarts in their money relationships. I’m proud that The Art of Money welcomes people from all points along the income spectrum. It enriches everyone’s experience! And it’s a huge reason I created this program (because not everyone can afford pricey, Private Financial Therapy sessions with me — which I rarely offer anymore, anyway). Keeping the price low (and offering the monthly payment option) is important to keeping this work accessible.
- I’m crystal-clear about my policies. Being vague doesn’t do anyone any favors, especially when it comes to money. I very clearly and carefully explain that The Art of Money is not a monthly membership which you can cancel any time. It’s a year-long program, which you can pay for in full OR in monthly installments. But you’re 100% in or 100% out.
- It works. Many of my colleagues have stopped offering payment plans because people stop paying (without communicating). Yes, this is a risk. And yes, a monthly payment plan creates more work for me and my team. But I pour my heart into this work and stand behind it. And my wonderful community gets it. They honor the payment plan, stick with it, and communicate clearly.
- Now, more than ever. The world feels so overwhelming, stressful, and confusing right now, for so many of us. Having a solid money relationship can help us weather the storm when we confront things that seem beyond our means. We can all use more peace of mind and empowerment around money — especially now.
Blaze your own trail, with money. Make it conscious, loving, and true.
Even the best financial advice is wrong if it’s wrong for you, for your values, for this time in your life.
The key? Bringing enough love and awareness and healing and smarts to your money relationship so you can know when a money decision is right for you … and trust yourself.
This kind of awareness takes time. Even if we have it in other areas of our lives — on the yoga mat or in the bedroom or at the dinner table — it can be extremely difficult to bring this into our money lives. Because there’s so much shame and taboo around money in our culture.
That’s why I knew my money school would have to be a full year. Because there’s so much to unpack with this money stuff. This is delicate territory. We need to move gently, slowly, with plenty of reassurance and chocolate breaks and spontaneous dance parties.
The gentler path is the smarter path … and the sweeter path.
This is what I’ve found, in my life, business, and money relationship.
I’d love to show you just what I mean.
Please take a moment, check in with yourself, and see if The Art of Money is right for you.
I know you’ll be weighing what your values are, what your cashflow is like, and if this is the right timing for you.
And if you emerge with a YES? I’ll be thrilled to welcome you. Our global community is already gathering … and I can’t wait to lead this incredible group of people.
But no pressure, OK?
I hope to meet you along your money journey. But even if I don’t, please keep walking gently, sweetly, and lovingly. At your own pace. In your own direction.
That’s what it’s all about.
With my dearest wishes,
P.S. Got questions? Need help? I’m here.
If you can’t find what you need on The Art of Money program page or in our delightfully thorough FAQ, just click “reply” to this email. One of my fabulous team members — or I — will get back to you. Usually within 24 hours.
P.P.S. Our first Kickstarter call for The Art of Money 2018 is this Sunday!
This is your chance to be welcomed into the community, hear teachings directly from me, and even get some live, laser coaching.
The Art of Money officially begins in January, but when you sign up today, you’ll get loving support to hold you now and throughout the holidays, including:
- Live, 2-hour+ Kickstarter call with Bari on Sunday, October 29th at 5:00pm MT. Join me for a live call with teachings and laser coaching so you can quickly (but gently!) begin finding more peace, clarity, and support around your money relationship now.
- Money Mapping digital workbooks. Some people just adore this part of the Art of Money methodology, but we don’t get to it until the end of the Art of Money. Get a head start now with these beautiful workbooks — plus get the full, video interview with bookkeeper extraordinaire, Jess Salzman, so you can pick the very best financial tracking software. (Only if you’re ready, of course!)
- Access to my entire digital library. Yep: you’ve got a key to the full Art of Money teachings archive! And you can start exploring as soon as you register — no need to wait ‘till January. Check out hours upon hours of Guest Teacher interviews (audio + video), articles, book recommendations, financial pro referrals, and so much more.
- The Holiday Money Care Package. Have you ever noticed how the holidays seem to crank up the volume on your “money stuff”? Get some beautiful support for your money relationship, so you can enjoy more and stress less. (With virtual ribbons and hugs!)
Remember: these special gifts won’t be available past October 29. But if you sign up now, we’ll deliver them straight to your inbox, so you can begin more clear and reassured with money, right now — and throughout the Holiday Season.